Ashford is unique among its lodging REIT peers because of our vantage points. We see situations more clearly, and as a result apply more proactive strategies.
- We consider hotel investments at every level of the capital structure. As both a hotel owner and lender, Ashford has a broad perspective on the lodging industry that facilitates deal flow and optimal transaction structuring.
- We think like owners because collectively our management team is Ashford's largest shareholder. We have a strong alignment with shareholders to create value.
- We proactively manage our capital market strategies in relation to financial market changes. Equity and debt capital market decisions are a core competency, and our utilization of financial instruments to enhance and protect shareholder value is evident.
- We visualize brand, customer, and operational changes oftentimes before our competition and adjust rapidly due to our affiliated manager relationship. This competitive advantage along with being a large owner of branded hotels provides operational leverage.
- We apply our multi-cycle deep bench strength when it comes to underwriting, buying, selling, asset managing, and financing hotels.
These vantage points enable Ashford to make the best investment decisions and deliver the most flexible hotel capital solutions. Ashford's strategy seeks to capitalize on hotel and capital market opportunities that offer current yield and price appreciation, while simultaneously offering diversification and reduced risk.
Ashford's hotel and capital markets strategies have led to outstanding total shareholder returns and AFFO per share performance versus its peers.